Akura Fishing Charters, Rarotonga's BEST Game Fishing Operator
Big groups or small, families or friends, experienced anglers or first-timers – Akura has the ingredients to make your Rarotonga fishing charter the most memorable and exciting part of your whole holiday.
Our top-quality gear and helpful crew mean that you don’t need to know anything about angling to land a delicious dinner – and we’ll fillet the fish for you so that all you need to do is fire up the grill!
Speed, strength and spectacle: experience the unforgettable excitement of landing the big fish. The advantage of deep sea fishing Rarotonga is that the deep water is not far from the reef, so after only a few minutes of taking off on one of Akura’s top-quality vessels you’re dropping your line.
Savour the spectacular views of the Cook Islands while you wait for the fish to start biting – and you won’t be waiting long. With our top-quality gear, plus Captain George’s expert assistance and secret bait, you’re getting the best possible Rarotonga game fishing trip.
Why choose Akura?
- Akura is a purpose-built 40-foot vessel with twin 330hp diesel inboards
- Akura is kitted out with top quality equipment in brands like Shimano and Penn
- We have all the onboard facilities you need to cruise in style and fish in comfort
- We are Tourism Cook Islands accredited
- Akura provides the best Rarotonga fishing available, so TV shows like New Zealand’s Gone Fishing choose to fish and film with us
- We hold the record for largest blue marlin caught in the Cook Islands at 380kgs!
- Catch your fish and share it with your friends – let us fillet it for you!